Required for January 2022
Group 2 ISR: L15-L21.
Number on roll: 338
The Diocese of Salford, in partnership with Trafford Council, is seeking to appoint an experienced leader with vision and a proven track record in leadership and management to this popular and successful Catholic Primary School.
‘St Monica’s Primary School is a very welcoming, friendly and nurturing school where staff help pupils to develop well, both academically and personally’ (Most recent OFSTED report November 2018)
‘This is a deeply caring school with the well-being of pupils and staff given the highest priority, leading to a climate of trust and respect in which everyone feels valued, happy and safe.’ (Most recent Section 48 report March 2019)
Our children are looking for a Headteacher:
The Governing Board are looking for a committed and practising Catholic who:
• is ambitious and will inspire our children, our parents and the whole of the staff to continually give of their best
• will build on the success of our current Headteacher
• will share their faith with the whole school community and further develop the Catholic ethos of the school and its
relationship with the Parish
• will take a leading role driving progress across the school through the monitoring and evaluation of teaching and
• has a vision for the future of the school and can communicate that at all levels and be a role model to all staff
• is a strategic leader able to inspire and motivate the whole team
• is an engaging and hardworking individual, able to collaborate with parents, staff, governors, the parish and wider community in
providing opportunities for all pupils
• has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ‘leads from the front’
We can offer:
• a strong, hard-working, successful and experienced staff
• an environment where everyone is valued in a caring and spiritual ethos
• a motivated and experienced senior leadership team
• a supportive, dedicated, well-informed governing body who are well known to staff
• a wonderful group of children
• a great opportunity for the right candidate
The Headteacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and to hold all staff and volunteers accountable to safeguarding regulations.
• Potential candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school (under COVID safe conditions). Visits can be arranged by contacting the School Office on 0161 748 3353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications must be made using the current CES Leadership Application Form and the supporting statement should be no longer than 1300 words.
• The Application Pack, the CES application form and more information about the school can be found on the website: https://www.stmonicasschoolflixton.org.uk/
Application forms should be returned by email to: Angela.email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am 27th September 2021
Shortlisting: 30th September 2021
Assessment Tasks and Interviews: 7th & 8th October 2021