The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011.
It is a grant paid for pupils registered as eligible for FSM in reception to Year 6. The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and it will be used by school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible by ensuring that the funding reaches the pupils who need it most.
How is Pupil Premium used at St Monica’s?
1. The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils
2. The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers
3. As far as its powers allow the school will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupils Premium and others
4. We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
5. The gap between disadvantaged pupils and others will be closed.